Saturday, January 16, 2010

To the one who was never there(poem) by Shamir Griffin - 20 years old

Current mood: blessed
When i had walked home from my first game
You were never there, when mom cried
And she swallowed her pain and her heart had died
You were never there, As moms gentle lullabies

Had turned into solemn and sincere cries
You were never there. When boys shouted
And in myself i had often doubted
you were never there,When i was silent

And you had left my family without a rimanent
You were never there, When i scraped m knee did you care?
A fathers words so proud and strong, through your abandonment
You were truly wrong.in your arms i did not belong

As mother's screams are loud, i stand tall and proud
You wanted to be there, When i walked the stage
Having grown strong with age, deciding to turn the page.
I had moved forward to a place vast an unknown
Like your prescence in a place you had once called home.

These words are my own, They carry this new tone
And from this i look onward to my true fathers throne,
For he has always guided me, and graced me with divinity.
You were never there, and yes i had noticed
But this is my future, you are free from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment